List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:August 26 2010 3:22pm
Subject:Re: master-slave replication sync problems.
View as plain text
Smith,
I never said, this wont work.Some times, there are chances of lossing data.

regards
anandkl

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:48 PM, <a.smith@stripped> wrote:

> Quoting Norman Khine <norman@stripped>:
>
> i see, so the best is to just stop slave and then check the master
>> status, and when the master status syncs then i start the slave?
>>

> Well Im willing to hear from others experiences, but if you really shouldnt
> have to do anything. If you want you can issue a stop slave before the
> reboot and a start slave after, but it shouldnt make any difference. And Im
> not sure what you refer to when you talk about the master status syncing.
> The master will continue to increment the binlog when changes are made
> regardless of whether the slave is up. If the slave has been rebooted and is
> behind the master binlog pos it should automatically sync those changes when
> started...

master-slave replication sync problems.Norman Khine26 Aug
  • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.Ananda Kumar26 Aug
  • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.a.smith26 Aug
    • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.Ananda Kumar26 Aug
    • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.Norman Khine26 Aug
      • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.Ananda Kumar26 Aug
      • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.a.smith26 Aug
        • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.Ananda Kumar26 Aug
          • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.a.smith26 Aug
  • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.jitendra ranjan26 Aug
    • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.a.smith26 Aug
  • RE: master-slave replication sync problems.Daevid Vincent26 Aug
    • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.MySQL)27 Aug
  • Re: master-slave replication sync problems.Todd Lyons1 Sep