List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:August 26 2010 1:50pm
Subject:RE: Complicated SQL Query
View as plain text

[JS] That's a lot of tables. Do you need separate version tracking for each
individual field? Or would it be sufficient to have version tracking for each
row, with a list of fields modified and their "before" values?

If the latter, then you can get by with a lot less complexity; if the former,
then I think your design might be the only way to go.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Complicated SQL QueryJacob Steinberger26 Aug
  • Re: Complicated SQL QueryJacob Steinberger26 Aug
    • Re: Complicated SQL QueryJangita26 Aug
      • Re: Complicated SQL QueryClaudio Nanni26 Aug
  • RE: Complicated SQL QueryJerry Schwartz26 Aug
    • RE: Complicated SQL QueryJacob Steinberger26 Aug