List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jangita Date:August 25 2010 9:29am
Subject:Re: Always corrupted after restart server
View as plain text
On 25/08/2010 8:05 a, Michael Dykman wrote:
> How are you shutting down the server during the restart..  have you
> checked the logs?  Might you be issuing a kill and crashing it?
> MyISAM doesnot dealwith crashes very elegantly.
>
> Also, what is some reason?  Might thereason you need to restart be related?
>
>   - michael dykman
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM, sangprabv<sangprabv@stripped>  wrote:
>> Hi List,
>> I have a very big size MyISAM table. For some reason I need to restart the server
> periodically. But After restarting the server, the table always get corrupt, and always
> need to run myisamchk. Don't know what cause the problem. But it will be very helpful if
> somebody can give me some tips to avoid this problem. Thanks alot.

Maybe you need to check *why* you have to keep on restarting the server?
Cure the disease, not the symptoms? We have a particular mysql server
that has been up the last 8 months with no downtime...

--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@stripped
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@stripped