List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Victor Subervi Date:August 24 2010 6:01pm
Subject:Re: Complex Select Query
View as plain text
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Peter Brawley
<peter.brawley@stripped>wrote:

> >What I'm trying to accomplish is to order the results such that after
> >stacking the data for all results for a certain category, that the next
> >results to be stacked should be those whose parent = the former category,
> >then move on to the next category, etc. How do I do this?
>
> It's a tree. See
> http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1ch20.html and
> http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/treequeryperformance.pdf.

How do I cut down the tree? That stuff is *way* too complex for my needs. I
just thought I'd make my presentation of data a little cleaner but frankly
it ain't worth going through all that learning and experimentation to do it.
If there isn't another way I'll just forget about it. Any other suggestions
would be nice.
TIA.
Victor

> -----

Thread
Complex Select QueryVictor Subervi24 Aug
Re: Complex Select QueryPeter Brawley24 Aug
  • Re: Complex Select QueryVictor Subervi24 Aug
    • Re: Complex Select QueryAshish Mukherjee25 Aug