List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:a.smith Date:August 23 2010 11:03pm
Subject:Re: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?
View as plain text
Run something like Solaris zones, or FreeBSD jails? Then u can have
multiple masters...

Quoting Nunzio Daveri <nunziodaveri@stripped>:

> Hello Gurus, I have a customer who wants to create a reporting server for his
> management team.  He wants to take server 1,2,3 and move the 3 databases from
> all 3 servers to one server server 4 and then have the management
> team run all
> the reports from server 4 since there are tons and tons of joins.  How can I
> accomplish this?  I can't do replication since server 4 is going to
> be a slave
> AND a slave can only have one master so I am sitting here trying to
> figure out
> how to get this done?  This is an ongoing transfer of data as the
> reports have
> to be in sync with the 3 master servers so replication would be perfect.
>
> Any help, docs and directions is most appreciated.
>
> Thanks In Advance :-)
>
> Nunzio

Thread
Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Nunzio Daveri23 Aug
  • RE: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Travis Ard24 Aug
    • RE: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Daevid Vincent24 Aug
  • Re: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?a.smith24 Aug
RE: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Daevid Vincent28 Aug