List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nunzio Daveri Date:August 23 2010 9:28pm
Subject:Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?
View as plain text
Hello Gurus, I have a customer who wants to create a reporting server for his
management team.  He wants to take server 1,2,3 and move the 3 databases from
all 3 servers to one server server 4 and then have the management team run all
the reports from server 4 since there are tons and tons of joins.  How can I
accomplish this?  I can't do replication since server 4 is going to be a slave
AND a slave can only have one master so I am sitting here trying to figure out
how to get this done?  This is an ongoing transfer of data as the reports have
to be in sync with the 3 master servers so replication would be perfect.

Any help, docs and directions is most appreciated.

Thanks In Advance :-)

Nunzio

Thread
Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Nunzio Daveri23 Aug
  • RE: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Travis Ard24 Aug
    • RE: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Daevid Vincent24 Aug
  • Re: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?a.smith24 Aug
RE: Creating a dedicated reporting server for management?Daevid Vincent28 Aug