List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:August 20 2010 2:18pm
Subject:Re: 5.1.x review
View as plain text
Hi all!

Johan De Meersman wrote:
> 2010/8/20 Elim PDT <elim@stripped>
>
>> There are so many versions of 5.1, Is there some review or recommendations
>> for a stable one? thanks
>

> As far as I know, 5.1 is considered a stable branch, and you can safely take
> the most recent release as it should contain mostly fixes.

Correct.
5.1 is considered "production quality", also called "GA" (= "generally
available").
It does not receive feature development any more (features must be
finished before the software is declared "GA"), but it receives bug
fixes and some further performance improvements (monthly updates).

Of course it is made by humans, and humans may make mistakes, so there
may be a 5.1 version with problems, but in general you should always
take the latest 5.1 version while that series is active.
As of today, this is MySQL 5.1.50.

When 5.1 reaches its end of active (support) life, this list will see
mails about that, together with information about the successor.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
5.1.x reviewElim PDT20 Aug
  • Re: 5.1.x reviewJohan De Meersman20 Aug
    • Re: 5.1.x reviewJoerg Bruehe20 Aug
  • re: 5.1.x reviewMichael Widenius20 Aug
  • Re: 5.1.x reviewJangita20 Aug