List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:August 19 2010 5:07pm
Subject:Re: Fixture List generation using MySQL
View as plain text
I'm looking at a routine / script to create the fixtures like

team 1 vs team 2
team 3 vs team 4
team 5 vs team 6 etc

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Peter Brawley <
> peter.brawley@stripped> wrote:
>

>>  I'm tasked with generating a list of fixtures from a table of teams,
>>> whereby
>>> each team plays each other home and away.  Does anyone have any
>>> experience
>>> generating such information using MySQL ?
>>>

>> Basically ...
>>
>> select a.id,b.id from tbl a join tbl b on a.id<b.id;
>> union
>> select a.id,b.id from tbl a join tbl b on a.id>b.id;
>>
>> PB
>>
>> -----
>>

>> On 8/19/2010 9:12 AM, Tompkins Neil wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm tasked with generating a list of fixtures from a table of teams,
>>> whereby
>>> each team plays each other home and away.  Does anyone have any
>>> experience
>>> generating such information using MySQL ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any input.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Neil

Thread
Fixture List generation using MySQLTompkins Neil19 Aug
  • Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLPeter Brawley19 Aug
  • Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLCarl19 Aug
    • Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLNeil Tompkins20 Aug
Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLTompkins Neil19 Aug
  • Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLPeter Brawley19 Aug
    • Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLburhan.khalid19 Aug
  • RE: Fixture List generation using MySQLGavin Towey19 Aug
    • Re: Fixture List generation using MySQLTompkins Neil20 Aug