List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:December 27 1999 11:14pm
Subject:3.22.25 ALTER TABLE to add DEFAULT to blob kills socket
View as plain text
Hi!

I was scanning old mails to check if we have any unsolved problems and
come across the belove mail message.  Do you still have this problem
or have you managed to solve this?

Anyway, the core dump problem is already fixed in MySQL 3.22.27.

Regards,
Monty

Ken> This is MySQL 3.22.25 on Red Hat Linux 5.2.

Ken> Forgetting that the 'event' field was a TINYTEXT, I
Ken> issued the following MySQL command:

mysql> alter table registration alter column event set default 'ac2k';

Ken> This killed the socket.  The server was still running, but trying to
Ken> access the database resulted in the following error:

Ken> ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

<cut>
Thread
3.22.25 ALTER TABLE to add DEFAULT to blob kills socketKen.Coar9 Dec
  • 3.22.25 ALTER TABLE to add DEFAULT to blob kills socketMichael Widenius28 Dec