List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:December 27 1999 11:48pm
Subject:problem Part II
View as plain text

Hi!

I was scanning old mails to check if we have any unsolved problems and
come across the belove mail message.  Do you still have this problem
or have you managed to solve this?

Anyway, the error you get means that your MySQL server was already
started by mysql_install_db. You should be able to start using MySQL
now;  Try doing 'mysqladmin version'

Regards,
Monty

kamila> I have downloaded : mysql-3.22.27-pc-linux-gnu-i686 to my Linux machine
kamila> (Linux Suse 6.1)
kamila> and followed the instructions from the Documentation for version 3.23.7 (4.6
kamila> Installing MySQL binary distribution), because there was no info about
kamila> version 3.22.27
kamila> I have typed:
kamila> 1) gunzip < mysql - VERSION_OS.tar.gz | tar xvf -
kamila> 2) ln  -s mysql-VERSION-OS mysql
kamila> 3)cd mysql
kamila> 4)scripts/mysql_install_db
kamila> 5)bin/safe_mysql &

kamila> My tables (usr.ISD, user.ISM, user.frm ) are in the usr/mysql/data/mysql
kamila> directory.
kamila> I got my kamila.err file, but file kamila.log wasn't created.
kamila> In my kamila.err file I can read:
kamila> "Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port. Address already in use. Do you
kamila> have already another mysql server running on
kamila> port 3306."
kamila> CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO  NOW.
<cut>

Thread
problem Part IIkamila bober13 Dec
  • problem Part IIMichael Widenius28 Dec