List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nunzio Daveri Date:August 16 2010 4:42pm
Subject:Re: Is upgrading from 4.X to 5.X really that easy?
View as plain text
Thanks William and Keith.  So how to have min down time since this is a stand
alone mysql 4.1.22 box?  Are you saying install 5.X on the same box (port 3307),
then replicate the data as it comes into 4.x to 5.x and when it is all sync'd up
then turn 4.x off, remove it and have 5.x responding on port 3306?

Mysqldump takes over an hour and then prob more to reimport?  I only have a 30 -
45 min window.

If I do a straight dump from 4.1.22 with all options why stop at 5.0 and not
just go straight to 5.1.48?  This is a single box, no replication or clustering
going on ;-)  Also all the data is in MyISAM, zero InnoDB :-)

Thanks again for the advice :-)

Nunzio