List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:August 16 2010 3:42pm
Subject:Re: Is upgrading from 4.X to 5.X really that easy?
View as plain text

On Mon, August 16, 2010 07:26, Nunzio Daveri wrote:
> Hi all, I
was reading a few of the notes on this forum from a few months

back
> and it seems that ONE WAY of upgrading from 4.x to 5.X with
MyISAM only
> databases is to copy the actual data folder from the
4.X version to a temp
> place, then remove 4.x from the OS,
install 5.X and then just put the 4.X
> data
> folder into
the 5.X folder???

> Is it really that
simple?  Has anyone done this and can verify this
> please?  I
> am thinking I am missing a few commands you have to run at least???
My
> database
> is pretty small is an only 1.8GB so I am
thinking this is a walk in the
> park :-)

Please advise...

> And as always... TIA...
>

> Nunzio
What version of 4.x,Debian stable versions and got burned because in the middle of the 4.x
group MySQL changed to a more "correct" version of JOINs.Didn't effect to data, which will should work as you expect, but did have
subtle impact on the select statements embedded in various programs.Read the release note between YOUR current and new versions.
------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
909-920-9154

Thread
Is upgrading from 4.X to 5.X really that easy?Nunzio Daveri16 Aug
  • Re: Is upgrading from 4.X to 5.X really that easy?Wm Mussatto16 Aug
    • Re: Is upgrading from 4.X to 5.X really that easy?Keith Murphy16 Aug
Re: Is upgrading from 4.X to 5.X really that easy?Nunzio Daveri16 Aug