List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:August 13 2010 10:01am
Subject:Re: Reg: Migration
View as plain text
Hi Kranthi!

Kranthi schrieb:
> Hi ,
>
>          I am migrating the database from mssql server to Mysql.i am getting
> problem with newid(),I don't know about newid(),i am using mysql migration
> tool kit.
>
> if anybody knows please help me.
>
> Ex:
>
> CREATE TABLE cust
> (
>  cust_id uniqueidentifier NOT NULL
>    DEFAULT newid(),
>  [[...]]
>  )

I don't know Microsoft SQL Server details, but this seems to be the
equivalent of what is called "auto_increment" in MySQL.
This might be a start point for reading:
   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/example-auto-increment.html

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
Reg: MigrationKranthi13 Aug
  • Re: Reg: MigrationLenz Grimmer13 Aug
    • RE: MigrationKranthi13 Aug