List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:December 28 1999 2:13am
Subject:Re: 3.23.7 Options description
View as plain text

Benjamin> On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 07:20:52AM -0500, bill@stripped wrote:

>> >I can tell you a bit about delayed_key_write -- if enabled, the key
>> >buffer does not get flushed on every index update, but only every so
>> >often.
>>
>> So, using delayed_key_write should speed up table writes, especially tables
>> with lots of keys...
>>
>> Are there any drawbacks of setting delayed_key_write?

Benjamin> Increasing risk of loosing data on system failures, I would say.

Hi!

Actually you don't risk loosing anything else except the key
information, which myisamchk can regenerate.  If you add checking of
all tables created with the 'delay_key_write' option with myisamchk
into safe_mysqld you should be quite safe.  (In this case one should
use the --fast --force --medium-check option to myisamchk to skip
checking of tables that has been closed properly!)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
3.23.7 Options descriptionPeter Zaitsev24 Dec
  • Re: 3.23.7 Options descriptionSasha Pachev24 Dec
    • Re: 3.23.7 Options descriptionBill Marrs24 Dec
      • Re: 3.23.7 Options descriptionBenjamin Pflugmann24 Dec
        • Re: 3.23.7 Options descriptionMichael Widenius28 Dec
    • Re: 3.23.7 Options descriptionPaul DuBois24 Dec
  • 3.23.7 Options descriptionMichael Widenius28 Dec