List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:August 12 2010 10:21am
Subject:Re: Searching For Modules In a DB
View as plain text

Carlos Mennens schrieb:
> I have a database called 'gaming' and with in that database there are
> several tables and data. I was asked to find a module called 'ako
> ldap' and disable it (setting it from 1 to 0). My question is how in
> MySQL do I search for a string if I don't even know what table to
> search in? I know how to search using the 'select' statement as long
> as I know where the table data is. In this case I only know which
> database but nothing more except what I am looking for.
>
> Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

hi Carlos,

put your tables in one file each (dont remember the option)
then you can do

grep -l "string" <path_where_datafiles>/*

every file where "string" is in will be shown.

re,
 wh
Thread
Searching For Modules In a DBCarlos Mennens11 Aug
  • Re: Searching For Modules In a DBjayabharath12 Aug
  • Re: Searching For Modules In a DBwalter harms12 Aug