List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anirudh Sundar Date:August 10 2010 6:06am
Subject:Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?
View as plain text
Hello Nunzio,

Instead of Dropping a index, you can disable the indexes and get the work
done and re-enable them.

If you are ok with this then run the below as a shell script :-

MUSER="username"
MPASS="password"
DATABASE="dbname"

for db in $DATABASE
do
 echo "starting disabling indexes for database -- $db"
echo "----------------------------------------------------------"
TABLES=`mysql -u $MUSER -p$MPASS $db -e "show tables"`
for table in $TABLES
do
mysql -u $MUSER -p$MPASS $db -e "Alter table $table disable keys"
done

echo "completed disabling indexes for database -- $db"
done

Cheers,
Anirudh Sundar

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:33 AM, Nunzio Daveri <nunziodaveri@stripped>wrote:

> Hello Gurus, is there a way / script that will let me DROP ALL the indexes
> in a
> single database?  for example, lets say my database is call db_Animals, and
> inside db_Animals there are 97 tables, is there a SINGLE command or a perl
> script of some kind that can read all the MYI files, remove the .MYI from
> the
> file name then proceed to deleting whatever indexes it finds?  I am doing
> this
> to debug a server that seems to be slow and sluggish.  After I am done
> deleting
> I will review the slow query logs and then re-index to get the best
> performance?
>
> TIA...
>
> Nunzio

Thread
Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri9 Aug
  • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Anirudh Sundar10 Aug
    • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?mos10 Aug
    • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri10 Aug
      • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Michael Dykman10 Aug
        • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri10 Aug
          • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Michael Dykman10 Aug
            • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri10 Aug
              • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Michael Dykman11 Aug
                • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri11 Aug