List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:August 10 2010 5:04am
Subject:Re: MySQL data get and set problem
View as plain text
Hi Michale,

I have made that parameter column name change. but I am unable to
understand how even after execution of update statement and commit
after that, data is getting reverted.

Any inputs on this will be a great help.

  Manasi Save

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:11:19 -0400, Michael Dykman  wrote:
You might have better results if you use unique identifiers:

  >  Select MyID From Test Where TestID = TestID;
  >
  > I'm not sure how mysql is supposed to tell the param 'TestID' from the
  > column name.
  >
  >  - michael dykman
  >
  > On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Manasi Save
  > <manasi.save@stripped> wrote:
  > > Dear All,
  > >
  > > Table values are getting rollback without calling rollback.
  > >
  > > I have a table Test with some columns in it.
  > >
  > > Here's the Table Structure:-
  > >
  > > Create Table TestID
  > > (
  > > TestID int not null,
  > > MyID int
  > > );
  > >
  > > I am calling two procedures one is get the value of MyID column
and one is
  > > to set the value after that.
  > >
  > > FirstProc :-
  > >
  > > Create procedure SP_GetMyID(TestID int)
  > > Begin
  > >
  > > Select MyID From Test Where TestID = TestID;
  > >
  > > End;
  > >
  > > Call SP_GetMyID(1);
  > >
  > > [OUTPUT = 1]
  > >
  > > If suppose the above proc returns me 1 as MyID then below proc
will set MyID
  > > as 2 (incrementing by one)
  > >
  > > Call SP_SetMyID(1,2);
  > >
  > > Create Procedure SP_SetMyID(TestID int, NewMyID int)
  > > Begin
  > >
  > > Update Test
  > > Set MyID  = NewMyID
  > > Where TestID = TestID;
  > >
  > > End;
  > >
  > > After setting the value I am again calling get procedure
  > >
  > > Call SP_GetMyID(1);
  > >
  > > [OUTPUT = 2]
  > >
  > > and if after some time say after 10 seconds if I m calling
SP_GetMyID again.
  > > It gives me OUTPUT  as 1.
  > >
  > > --
  > > Regards,
  > > Manasi Save
  > > Artificial Machines Private Limited
  > > manasi.save@stripped
  > > Ph:-9833537392
  > >

  > --
  >  - michael dykman
  >  - mdykman@stripped
  >
  >  May the Source be with you.

Thread
MySQL data get and set problemManasi Save9 Aug
  • Re: MySQL data get and set problemMichael Dykman9 Aug
Re: MySQL data get and set problemManasi Save10 Aug
  • Re: MySQL data get and set problemNitin Mehta10 Aug