List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nunzio Daveri Date:August 9 2010 8:03pm
Subject:Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?
View as plain text
Hello Gurus, is there a way / script that will let me DROP ALL the indexes in a
single database?  for example, lets say my database is call db_Animals, and
inside db_Animals there are 97 tables, is there a SINGLE command or a perl
script of some kind that can read all the MYI files, remove the .MYI from the
file name then proceed to deleting whatever indexes it finds?  I am doing this
to debug a server that seems to be slow and sluggish.  After I am done deleting
I will review the slow query logs and then re-index to get the best performance?

TIA...

Nunzio

Thread
Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri9 Aug
  • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Anirudh Sundar10 Aug
    • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?mos10 Aug
    • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri10 Aug
      • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Michael Dykman10 Aug
        • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri10 Aug
          • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Michael Dykman10 Aug
            • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri10 Aug
              • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Michael Dykman11 Aug
                • Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?Nunzio Daveri11 Aug