List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:August 9 2010 7:10am
Subject:MySQL data get and set problem
View as plain text
Dear All,

Table values are getting rollback without calling rollback.

I have a table Test with some columns in it.

Here's the Table Structure:-

Create Table TestID
(
 TestID int not null,
 MyID int
);

I am calling two procedures one is get the value of MyID column and one is to set the
value after that.

FirstProc :-

Create procedure SP_GetMyID(TestID int)
Begin

 Select MyID From Test Where TestID = TestID;

End;

Call SP_GetMyID(1);

[OUTPUT = 1]

If suppose the above proc returns me 1 as MyID then below proc will set MyID as 2
(incrementing by one)

Call SP_SetMyID(1,2);

Create Procedure SP_SetMyID(TestID int, NewMyID int)
Begin

 Update Test
 Set MyID  = NewMyID
 Where TestID = TestID;

End;

After setting the value I am again calling get procedure

Call SP_GetMyID(1);

[OUTPUT = 2]

and if after some time say after 10 seconds if I m calling SP_GetMyID again. It gives me
OUTPUT  as 1.

 Manasi Save
 Artificial Machines Private Limited
 manasi.save@stripped
 Ph:-9833537392

MySQL data get and set problemManasi Save9 Aug
  • Re: MySQL data get and set problemMichael Dykman9 Aug
Re: MySQL data get and set problemManasi Save10 Aug
  • Re: MySQL data get and set problemNitin Mehta10 Aug