List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Wallace Date:August 6 2010 3:55pm
Subject:Re: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?
View as plain text
I had to do this trick with a few million rows in the table, and what
I did was to create a new table with the required structure, then did
"insert into select from", starting with the newest data first, cause
that made sense for my application. Then, renamed the old table and the
new.

YMMV
andu

--
Andy Wallace
iHOUSEweb, Inc.
awallace@stripped
(866) 645-7700 ext 219
--
There are two ways to build software:
Make it so simple that there are obviously no bugs,