List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Wultsch Date:August 6 2010 4:36am
Subject:Re: mysql and oom-killer
View as plain text
2010/8/5 Евгений Килимчук <ekilimchuk@stripped>:
> When OOM-killer kill mysqld, I had a critical corrupted tables. My database
> is a very big. I think Apache with cgi-scripts not critical process in this
> story. And sshd is a real true.

OOM is configurable via the proc filesystem via /proc/<pid>/oom_adj .
You can set the processes that you do not want to get killed to a
negative number, if I remember correctly, and that will help to
prevent them from being killed by OOM.

So let's say mysqld pid is 123456, you could
echo -17 > /proc/123456/oom_adj
and then it would be less likely to be selected by OOM to be killed.

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@stripped