List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Buford Tannen Date:August 6 2010 12:10am
Subject:Re: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent wrote:
> I'm wondering if we had the foresight to create the tables, and then tack
> on extra "dormant" columns of various common types, such as:

Nothing beats empirical evidence. Why don't you try it and find
out (and report back)!
Thread
Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?Daevid Vincent6 Aug
  • Re: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?Buford Tannen6 Aug
  • Re: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?Rob Wultsch6 Aug
    • RE: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?Daevid Vincent6 Aug
  • Re: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?Jigal van Hemert6 Aug
    • Re: Possible tricks to ALTER on huge tables?Andy Wallace6 Aug