List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johnny Withers Date:August 3 2010 3:25pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB Tablespace
View as plain text
----About the above - it is saying 6144 KB so it is 6.1 GB.

Are you sure? I would think 6144KB = 6.144 MB, or 6144 * 1000 = 6,144,000
bytes.

I think since InnoDB, by default, extends the table space by 8MB increments,
this is reporting the free space in this increment. How can I tell total
remaining space so I can adjust and/or add new table space before it runs
out of space next time?

I have another server with a different config line, however, the last innodb
file specified is also max 16G and when i run show table status on it, it
reports 3983360 kB free, which i would assume is 3.9 GB? Could this be
because it's filling up space in one of the files before the last
auto-extending file, which these files are fixed sizes?

Both servers are 5.0.77-log. One server is Cent OS, the other is RHEL.

I'm very confused here.

JW

--
Johnny Withers

Thread
InnoDB TablespaceJohnny Withers2 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB TablespaceSuresh Kuna2 Aug
    • Re: InnoDB TablespaceJohnny Withers3 Aug
      • Re: InnoDB TablespaceSuresh Kuna3 Aug
  • Re: InnoDB TablespaceJohan De Meersman5 Aug