List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Corey Date:August 1 2010 12:15am
Subject:Re: strange authentication issue
View as plain text
On Saturday 31 July 2010 5:11:33 Claudio Nanni wrote:
> login as root and remove 'empty' user ,issue:
>
> delete from mysql.user where user='';
> flush privileges;
>
> mysql authentication system is logging you on as 'empty' user.
>
> you will be ok after that ;)

Man, thanks a ton!   That was it!

I'll have to look into why/how an empty user was created... but
at least it's fixed now.

Beers!
Thread
strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issuechaim rieger1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issuechaim rieger1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
  • Re: strange authentication issueClaudio Nanni1 Aug