List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:August 1 2010 12:11am
Subject:Re: strange authentication issue
View as plain text
login as root and remove 'empty' user ,issue:

delete from mysql.user where user='';
flush privileges;

mysql authentication system is logging you on as 'empty' user.

you will be ok after that ;)

Claudio

On 8/1/2010 2:02 AM, Corey wrote:
> On Saturday 31 July 2010 4:58:36 Claudio Nanni wrote:
>
>> after login to mysql issue:
>>
>> select user();
>> and
>> select current_user();
>> and post output
>> you will see they dont match.
>>

> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h localhost -u scripts -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 6 to server version: 4.1.14-standard
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>
> mysql>  select user();
> +--------------------+
> | user()             |
> +--------------------+
> | scripts@localhost |
> +--------------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql>  select current_user();
> +----------------+
> | current_user() |
> +----------------+
> | @localhost     |
> +----------------+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>

> ... ok - there's the output - and it's like you said; does this
> pinpoint the issue?  I'm not sure what to do with the info.
>
> Thanks!

Thread
strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issuechaim rieger1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issuechaim rieger1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
  • Re: strange authentication issueClaudio Nanni1 Aug