List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Corey Date:July 31 2010 11:47pm
Subject:Re: strange authentication issue
View as plain text
On Saturday 31 July 2010 4:40:14 chaim rieger wrote:
> Another thing I just noticed
>
> In your first example you are using localhost, which probably means you are
> connecting via network
>
> The second option you don't define a host, which means you're prolly using
> socket connection

Oh, whoops - my bad for not being consistent with the examples.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h localhost -u scripts
Your MySQL connection id is 32 to server version: 4.1.14-standard

mysql> \q

... it also works if I supply the '-p' option, but just hit <enter> at
the password prompt:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h localhost -u scripts -p
Enter password: <enter>
Your MySQL connection id is 33 to server version: 4.1.14-standard

mysql>

I'm completely baffled as to why I can _only_ login _without_ a
password... but only for that one user, 'scripts'.

Everything else works as expected.

Is there some other auth table, or a config file or something that
could cause such behavior.

(I also don't understand why this would suddenly start occurring -
seems suspicious)

Thread
strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issuechaim rieger1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issuechaim rieger1 Aug
Re: strange authentication issueCorey1 Aug
  • Re: strange authentication issueClaudio Nanni1 Aug