List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:July 29 2010 8:40pm
Subject:Re: CentOS 4.8 no-install of MySQL 5.1.4X???
View as plain text
Yes, I do it all the time.

download TAR archive at the bottom of the download list.

untar in a custom dir.
use dedicated user
watch the my.cnf location, its kind of  css style, if you have side
effects its cause your mysql installation is picking it up also from the
wrong location
remove /etc/my.cnf, put custom my.cnf into the basedir

good luck

Claudio
You have Intel
On 7/29/2010 9:30 PM, Nunzio Daveri wrote:
> Hello Gurus, I am trying to see if there is a no install version of MySQL 5.1.4X
> for Cent OS 4.8?  We got a copy for Solaris x86 and it works AWESOME, I cant
> seem to find one for Cent OS?  We wanted to install several flavors and test a
> 200 MB query script file against it to see how the performance changes between
> the iterations of the software.  Any help / advice is much appreciated.
>
> P.S.  I know there are RPM's but the last time I tried using RPM's it started to
> rip other components out of of prod boxes and I was in backup mode restoring
> from the AM snapshot.  Besides RPM's dont like to go up a version then down a
> version like in a sandbox ;-)
>
> Thanks...
>
> Nunzio

Thread
CentOS 4.8 no-install of MySQL 5.1.4X???Nunzio Daveri29 Jul
  • Re: CentOS 4.8 no-install of MySQL 5.1.4X???Claudio Nanni29 Jul
Re: CentOS 4.8 no-install of MySQL 5.1.4X???Nunzio Daveri30 Jul
  • Re: CentOS 4.8 no-install of MySQL 5.1.4X???Joerg Bruehe30 Jul