List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd E Thomas Date:July 27 2010 8:56pm
Subject:Automate Install/Configuration of MySQL on Linux
View as plain text
I'm looking for automation direction...

I've found many packages that sit on top of MySQL. For the purposes of
consistency I'd like to automate these installs.

I've been able to automate the install and configuration of everything
except the mysql part.

I'm using CentOS 5.5. Installing/verifying is no big deal.

It's the MySQL configuration that's holding me up.

Basically I've created an expect script. It works 99% but it's a PITA to
finish. Here's what I'd like to accomplish:
   *Set the default admin password
     # mysqladmin -u root password 'root-password'

   *login to mysql
     mysql> mysql -u root -p

   *Drop the anonymous accounts
     mysql> DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE user = '';

   *Sync all of the root passwords
     mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = PASSWORD('root-password')
WHERE User = 'root';

   *Remove the test database:
     mysql>  drop database test;

In another script I would like to create databases for specific
packages. EG:
Concrete5, for example needs:
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER ON
concrete5.db TO 'admin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'admin-password';

If there is a better way to do this than using expect I would greatly
appreciate any pointers in the right direction. Bash is comfortable for
me and perl is within reach. I'm not much versed in anything else right now.

--
Thanks for the assist,

Todd E Thomas
"It's a frail music knits the world together."
-Robert Dana
Thread
Automate Install/Configuration of MySQL on LinuxTodd E Thomas27 Jul
  • Re: Automate Install/Configuration of MySQL on LinuxRob Wultsch28 Jul
Re: Automate Install/Configuration of MySQL on LinuxTodd E Thomas29 Jul