List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Mennens Date:July 26 2010 7:41pm
Subject:Re: Allowing Connections From Remote Clients
View as plain text
Guys - I am no expert but I don't think this is a DNS or rDNS issue.
All resolution appears to be working fine. When my PC (tuna) attempts
to connect to the MySQL server via MySQL Workbench, it says "Failed to
Connect to MySQL at mysql.iamghost.com:3306 with user root
Host 'tuna.iamghost.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
server. It resolves the correct name for the server and the client, I
just don't know how to allow my client (tuna) to be able to connect to
MySQL server.

Any thoughts?

I really want to connect to my database using this tool but I am
missing something. MySQL is rejecting incoming connections from my
host machine that I have WorkBench installed on. Please help.
Thread
Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsCarlos Mennens13 Jul
  • Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsPrabhat Kumar13 Jul
    • Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsMichael Satterwhite13 Jul
      • RE: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsGavin Towey14 Jul
Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsCarlos Mennens14 Jul
  • Re: Allowing Connections From Remote Clientsjayabharath27 Jul
Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsCarlos Mennens26 Jul