List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Phillips Date:July 26 2010 1:29am
Subject:Need Help Writing Simple Query
View as plain text
I have been away from sql for awhile, and can't seem to figure out how to
write a simple query for two tables.

Table 1 has many columns, two of which are hID and vID. Table 2 has two
columns, ID and name. The hID and vID in table 1 correspond to the IDs in
table 2. I want to make a query so I get all the columns from table 1, but
substitute the names from table 2 for the hID and vID values. For example,

Table 1:
col 1, col 2, hID, vID, col 3
A        B        1     2     C

Table 2:
ID, name
1    fred
2    sam

Query result:
col1, col 2, hName, vName, col 3
A       B        fred      sam       C

Thanks!

Mark

Thread
Need Help Writing Simple QueryMark Phillips26 Jul
  • Re: Need Help Writing Simple QueryNguyen Manh Cuong26 Jul
    • Re: Need Help Writing Simple QueryMark Phillips26 Jul
  • Re: Need Help Writing Simple QueryJohn List26 Jul