List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anirudh Sundar Date:July 23 2010 4:01am
Subject:Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?
View as plain text
Jay,

I am not incorrect.

PHP and C work on different domains.

SO ONE CANNOT COMPARE PHP WITH C. PHP IS A FULLY EVOLVED OBJECT ORIENTED
SERVER SIDE SCRIPTING LANGUAGE.

JUST BECAUSE PHP SYNTAX RESEMBLES C, DOES NOT MAKE IT LESS POWERFUL OR
INFERIOR OR LESS SCALABLE.

PHP IS INDEED A SELF SUFFICIENT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

Anirudh Sundar.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Jay Blanchard <jblanchard@stripped>wrote:

> [snip]
> Jay,
>
> PHP is a WEB based Server Side scripting Language.
>
> Do not compare it with C. C is a middle -level System programming
> language.
>
> Please stop comparing.
> [/snip]
>
> The statements about C were not mine, it was just the way that the
> thread was snipped together. Believe me when I say that I know my
> languages, I have been in this business for 30 years and up until
> recently even maintained legacy Fortran code.
>
> But you are incorrect, PHP is not just a WEB based Server Side scripting
> language and like most languages it shares, and therefore can be
> compared to, traits with other languages like C.

Thread
Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul