List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anirudh Sundar Date:July 22 2010 8:25am
Subject:Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?
View as plain text
Jay,

PHP is a WEB based Server Side scripting Language.

Do not compare it with C. C is a middle -level System programming language.

Please stop comparing.

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Jan Steinman <Jan@stripped> wrote:

> From: "Jay Blanchard" <jblanchard@stripped>
>>

>> You always have to use the right tool for the job though. The question
>> is "are we teaching the inexperienced programmers what the right tools
>> are?
>>

> I doubt it!
>
> PHP looks a lot like C, and people are taught C in college.
>
> So instead of working with something more abstract (like Smalltalk, Ruby,
> et. al.) they slog through the bits with a relatively low-level language
> like PHP.

Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul