List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Goodge Date:July 21 2010 4:11pm
Subject:Re: Help me
View as plain text
On 21/07/2010 16:33, Karthik Pr wrote:

> I have created a table as follows but i was not able to use full text search on
> a specific data.
> create table racebike  (id int auto_increment not null primary key, name
> varchar(10), user text,fulltext(name,user));
[snip]
> The query is
> mysql>  select * from racebike where match (user) against ('speed');

It should be:

mysql> select * from racebike where match (name,user) against ('speed');

When using a fulltext index, the query has to name all the fields
included in the index, unless you're performing the search in Boolean mode.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-restrictions.html

Mark
--
http://mark.goodge.co.uk