List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:July 20 2010 12:28pm
Subject:Re: mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.25-1el6.x86_64.rpm depends on a lot of
stuff I do not have
View as plain text
Hi Mike, all!

Mike Spreitzer schrieb:
> Today I downloaded MySQL-server-community, MySQL-client-community,
> MySQL-shared-community, and mysql-workbench-gpl to install on an
> RHEL5/x86_64 machine.  The first three installed just fine.  The fourth
> failed due to a large pile of missing dependencies (see below).  I do not
> even know where to get them all.  Is there some one place that provides
> them all?  Am I missing something obvious here?

All these libraries are provided by your operating system (your Linux
distribution).
In theory, the "workbench" RPM package could list the RPM packages with
these libraries as prerequisites, but in practice this isn't possible
because different distributions (as we are dealing with RPMs: SuSE,
RedHat, ...) may (and will) use different package names, so the generic
workbench RPM cannot list what is needed.

Running RHEL 5, you should use the RedHat software management tool to
find the packages that contain these libraries; none of these is
provided by MySQL.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  Joerg.Bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.25-1el6.x86_64.rpm depends on a lot of stuff I donot haveMike Spreitzer19 Jul
  • Re: mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.25-1el6.x86_64.rpm depends on a lot ofstuff I do not haveJoerg Bruehe20 Jul