List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:July 19 2010 5:41pm
Subject:Re: [MySQL] Re: MySQL select matching
View as plain text
  Ashley,

 > I can't go back to the client and tell them their schema
 > is really messed up and to store their data differently.

You can hope that's not not necessary in order to deliver the requested
query, but it's a bad mistake to rule it out altogether, since it often
happens that accomplishing the requested query efficiently requires DDL
changes.

I suggest too that you're more likely to get good help if you describe
the problem with a set of Create Table and Insert statements than with
truncated results of Describe.

PB

-----