List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ashley M. Kirchner Date:July 19 2010 5:29pm
Subject:Re: [MySQL] Re: MySQL select matching
View as plain text
On 7/19/2010 11:08 AM, Shawn Green (MySQL) wrote:
> Just because someone hands you a set of data to *start* with, does not
> mean that you must only use that data to *work* with.
>
> You should be able create additional tables derived from the original
> data and work with those as part of your analysis project. No
> modification of the original *tables* will be required.
>
> But this would indeed be much easier to talk about if your columns had
> names.

     And that's okay, having to create temporary tables to work with.
What I meant was, I can't go back to the client and tell them their
schema is really messed up and to store their data differently.  I know
I can create additional tables to work with, and ultimately that may
indeed happen.

MySQL select matchingAshley M. Kirchner19 Jul
  • Re: MySQL select matchingMichael Dykman19 Jul
    • Re: [MySQL] Re: MySQL select matchingAshley M. Kirchner19 Jul
    • Re: MySQL select matchingRoberto Z├írate Mendoza22 Jul
  • Re: MySQL select matchingMySQL)19 Jul
    • Re: [MySQL] Re: MySQL select matchingAshley M. Kirchner19 Jul
      • Re: [MySQL] Re: MySQL select matchingPeter Brawley19 Jul
  • Re: [PHP] MySQL select matchingSimcha Younger21 Jul