List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:July 19 2010 5:11pm
Subject:RE: which version is better for production servers?
View as plain text
No, current GA is 5.1.48

-----Original Message-----
From: Nilnandan Joshi [mailto:nilnandanj@stripped]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 6:14 AM
To: Andrés Tello
Cc: mysql@stripped

But, can we get GA releases for MySQL 5.5?

Andrés Tello wrote:
> I have just upgraded from mysql4.1 to mysql 5.5.3.. I will upgrade to
> 5.5.4.
>
> 5.5. has a lot of speed improvements...
>
> and OF course you should NOT use mysql developtment release for
> production server!
>
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Nilnandan Joshi
> <nilnandanj@stripped <mailto:nilnandanj@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I just wanna make new MySQL server for OLTP kind of environment. I
>     want to use InnoDB storage engine.
>     Which version is better for this kind of environment and which
>     will give the great performance?
>     MySQL 5.1.47/48 or MySQL 5.5?
>
>     Should we use mysql development release for production server?
>
>     regards,
>     Nilnandan
>
>     --

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named.  If you are not the named addressee, you are notified that reviewing,
disseminating, disclosing, copying or distributing this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
accept liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses or errors or omissions in the
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. [FriendFinder
Networks, Inc., 220 Humbolt court, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA, FriendFinder.com
Thread
which version is better for production servers?Nilnandan Joshi19 Jul
  • Re: which version is better for production servers?AndrĂ©s Tello19 Jul
    • Re: which version is better for production servers?Nilnandan Joshi19 Jul
      • RE: which version is better for production servers?Gavin Towey19 Jul