List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:July 19 2010 1:54pm
Subject:Re: Myisam advantages
View as plain text
Since everyone keeps bringing up Innodb's shared tablespace, I will point
out that Innodb has a "file-per-table" option where each table has it own
tablespace. This helps with management issues. While there is still a
central datafile it doesn't contain table data and is much smaller than if
you used a centralized table space.