List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:July 17 2010 4:33pm
Subject:Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?
View as plain text
> From: "Jay Blanchard" <jblanchard@stripped>
>
> You always have to use the right tool for the job though. The question
> is "are we teaching the inexperienced programmers what the right tools
> are?

I doubt it!

PHP looks a lot like C, and people are taught C in college.

So instead of working with something more abstract (like Smalltalk,
Ruby, et. al.) they slog through the bits with a relatively low-level
language like PHP.

----------------
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at
all. -- Elbert Hubbard

Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul