List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:July 16 2010 9:12pm
Subject:RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?
View as plain text
[snip]
I merely wished to dispel the common, newb impression that PHP is the
only realistic choice.
[/snip]

I don't think that is the impression but I think that the low barrier to
entry and extensive support community make PHP a widely acceptable
choice. I have seen many a newb turned off by the communities
surrounding other languages (I have seen it in PHP too) but by and large
the PHP community is pretty accepting and willing to teach young
programmers how to fish.

You always have to use the right tool for the job though. The question
is "are we teaching the inexperienced programmers what the right tools
are?
Thread
Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul