List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:July 15 2010 11:25pm
Subject:Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?
View as plain text
It's not so much that MySQL goes with PHP as much as PHP goes with
MySQL.  PHP applications are, for the most part, not that ambitious
and mysql is simply the most accessible database with the best
developed API.

I have developed applications using MySQL as a back end under a huge
number of environments/frameworks/languages.  Don't limit yourself to
PHP just because it is perceived to be common practice.

 - michael dykman

I have used MySQL as a database in a huge variety of environments

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@stripped> wrote:

> [...]

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul