List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:July 15 2010 10:12pm
Subject:RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?
View as plain text

I would say it's a combination of things.

MySQL is pretty much fire and forget for the most part for most sites.
Unless you're dealing with HUGE amounts of data or massive amounts of hits,
you rarely have to configure or "DBA" it.

Oracle on the other hand is this huge mega-monstrosity that costs millions
of dollars to implement and therefore you want someone presumably trained
so they don't brick your box.

With mySQL, if you "brick" the box, you pretty much just setup a new LAMP
install and put your DB backups on.

I'm of course oversimplifying.

Thread
Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul