List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:July 15 2010 2:23pm
Subject:Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?
View as plain text
At 09:00 AM 7/15/2010, alba\.albetti wrote:
>Browsing the Web I've seen that usually companies look for developers
>working on MySQL and Php. Why are the two things linked? I mean I've not
>found any requests for just a MySQL developer or DBA (as for example it
>happens for Oracle), but it's always requested a MySQL/Php expert.
>I ask for it 'cause I've always been a developer/DBA on RDBMS (Oracle and
>DB2) and as I've been learning MySQL for few weeks, I'd like to know
>whether and why it's so important to learn Php as well. It would be so
>difficult to find a job as MySQL developer/DBA without knowing Php as well.
>Thanks!

Since both MySQL and PHP are open source, and a large percentage of
websites are developed in PHP, the natural choice would be to use MySQL
with PHP.  You would only need to learn PHP if you are working in an
environment that builds web pages.

Mike

Thread
Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul