List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:alba\.albetti Date:July 15 2010 2:00pm
Subject:Why is MySQL always linked to Php?
View as plain text
Browsing the Web I've seen that usually companies look for developers working on MySQL and
Php. Why are the two things linked? I mean I've not found any requests for just a MySQL
developer or DBA (as for example it happens for Oracle), but it's always requested a
MySQL/Php expert.
I ask for it 'cause I've always been a developer/DBA on RDBMS (Oracle and DB2) and as I've
been learning MySQL for few weeks, I'd like to know whether and why it's so important to
learn Php as well. It would be so difficult to find a job as MySQL developer/DBA without
knowing Php as well.
Thanks!

Thread
Why is MySQL always linked to Php?alba\.albetti15 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?mos15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Steven Staples15 Jul
  • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Michael Dykman16 Jul
      • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
        • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Daevid Vincent16 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Michael Dykman16 Jul
            • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard16 Jul
          • deletes from a VERY large tableBryan Cantwell16 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to Php?Rob Wultsch16 Jul
Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman17 Jul
  • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar22 Jul
    • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jay Blanchard22 Jul
      • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
        • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman23 Jul
          • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Anirudh Sundar23 Jul
          • RE: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Martin Gainty26 Jul
    • Re: Why is MySQL always linked to PHP?Jan Steinman22 Jul