List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:July 13 2010 8:08pm
Subject:RE: finding exact query being run
View as plain text
Well, you should be using a wrapper around your DB library class already
right? Like you don't use PEAR:DB directly, you have a wrapper class to
handle making a connection, doing the query, handling the error, etc.
Otherwise you're wasting a LOT of code/time. Not to mention it makes it
trivial to swap out the calls to another database library without chaning
all of YOUR code.

So all I did is wedge a logger/profiler into my sql_query() routine. This
has various levels of logging and saving the start/end times, etc.

Thread
finding exact query being runMachiel Richards12 Jul
  • Re: finding exact query being runMichael Dykman12 Jul
    • RE: finding exact query being runMachiel Richards12 Jul
      • Re: finding exact query being runMichael Dykman12 Jul
        • RE: finding exact query being runmachiel.richards12 Jul
          • Re: finding exact query being runMichael Dykman12 Jul
  • Re: finding exact query being runJohn Daisley12 Jul
    • Re: finding exact query being runPrabhat Kumar12 Jul
  • RE: finding exact query being runDaevid Vincent13 Jul
    • Re: finding exact query being runJohan De Meersman13 Jul
      • RE: finding exact query being runDaevid Vincent13 Jul