List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Clark Date:July 13 2010 7:58pm
Subject:RE: How to become a DBA on MySQL
View as plain text
Jerry,

Do you know of any reputable online classes that you could point me to?

Keith

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 14:25 -0400, Jerry Schwartz wrote:
> You might want to see if there are any online classes that could get you
> started. I usually start by reading a big, thick book -- but I've found that
> spending a week or two on an introductory-level online class gives me a big
> head start.
>
> "Modern" documentation tends to be lacking (IMNSHO). All too many reference
> books are written on the principle of "If you know exactly what you want to
> do, here's roughly how to do it." You can wander around for a long time not
> knowing what a feature is for.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jerry Schwartz
> Global Information Incorporated
> 195 Farmington Ave.
> Farmington, CT 06032
>
> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
> E-mail: jerry@stripped

Keith J. Clark

Business Manager                Owner
The Bookworm                    Waterloo Hosting
Quality Used Books              Complete Web Hosting Provider
www.k-wbookworm.com             www.waterloohosting.com
sales@stripped           sales@stripped

Thread
How to become a DBA on MySQLalba\.albetti13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLRob Wultsch13 Jul
    • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLJohn Daisley13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLCamilo Uribe13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLClaudio Nanni13 Jul
    • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz13 Jul
      • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLKeith Clark13 Jul
        • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLJohn Daisley13 Jul
        • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz13 Jul
          • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLNilnandan Joshi15 Jul
          • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLMartin Gainty18 Jul
            • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLRob Wultsch18 Jul
              • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz19 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLMySQL)13 Jul
    • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLPrabhat Kumar13 Jul