List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prabhat Kumar Date:July 13 2010 7:25pm
Subject:Re: Allowing Connections From Remote Clients
View as plain text
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON **.** TO username@'tuna.iamghost.com' IDENTIFIED BY
PASSWORD 'password';

**.** ie for all databases , if want on particular DB

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *MyDATABASE.** TO username@'tuna.iamghost.com'

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill@stripped>wrote:

> I am trying to connect to MySQL server [192.168.0.100] from my PC
> [10.1.10.222] using MySQL Workbench and when I test the connection, I
> get the following error:
>
> "Host 'tuna.iamghost.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server."
>
> Can someone please tell me what I need to do so I can allow remote
> connections to the database from the MySQL workbench application? I
> have access to MySQL via CLI.
>
> Thank you!

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
MySQL DBA
Datavail-India Mumbai
Mobile     : 91-9987681929
www.datavail.com

My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsCarlos Mennens13 Jul
  • Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsPrabhat Kumar13 Jul
    • Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsMichael Satterwhite13 Jul
      • RE: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsGavin Towey14 Jul
Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsCarlos Mennens14 Jul
  • Re: Allowing Connections From Remote Clientsjayabharath27 Jul
Re: Allowing Connections From Remote ClientsCarlos Mennens26 Jul