List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:July 13 2010 6:25pm
Subject:RE: How to become a DBA on MySQL
View as plain text
You might want to see if there are any online classes that could get you
started. I usually start by reading a big, thick book -- but I've found that
spending a week or two on an introductory-level online class gives me a big
head start.

"Modern" documentation tends to be lacking (IMNSHO). All too many reference
books are written on the principle of "If you know exactly what you want to
do, here's roughly how to do it." You can wander around for a long time not
knowing what a feature is for.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated