List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Camilo Uribe Date:July 13 2010 1:59pm
Subject:Re: How to become a DBA on MySQL
View as plain text

Sure, the MySQL Reference Manual http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

>where it's possible to undestand and learn all you need for managing the MySQL DB as
> DBA? I mean I'd like to read something explaining what are datafiles, tablespaces, ... and
> what usually a DBA is asked to do (creating databases, starting up and shutting down the
> database, managing the database's storage structures, making database backups and
> performing recovery, monitoring and tuning performance, ...) In other words I'd like to
> read how to manage a DB as DBA, because I've always worked only as developer and not as
> DBA.

Maybe the Certification: Sun Certified MySQL Database Administrator
(SCMDBA) could help you with that:
http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=333

by the way they recommend the book: MySQL 5 certification study guide
http://books.google.com/books?id=0tErAAAACAAJ

> Thanks!
Thread
How to become a DBA on MySQLalba\.albetti13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLRob Wultsch13 Jul
    • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLJohn Daisley13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLCamilo Uribe13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLClaudio Nanni13 Jul
    • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz13 Jul
      • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLKeith Clark13 Jul
        • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLJohn Daisley13 Jul
        • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz13 Jul
          • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLNilnandan Joshi15 Jul
          • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLMartin Gainty18 Jul
            • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLRob Wultsch18 Jul
              • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz19 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLMySQL)13 Jul
    • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLPrabhat Kumar13 Jul