List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:alba\.albetti Date:July 13 2010 1:24pm
Subject:How to become a DBA on MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,
I'd like to know which are the main tasks for a DBA, so in addition of the on-line
tutorial of MySQL, is there anyone telling me whether there exists some tutorial (better
if in PDF) where it's possible to undestand and learn all you need for managing the MySQL
DB as DBA? I mean I'd like to read something explaining what are datafiles, tablespaces,
... and what usually a DBA is asked to do (creating databases, starting up and shutting
down the database, managing the database's storage structures, making database backups
and performing recovery, monitoring and tuning performance, ...) In other words I'd like
to read how to manage a DB as DBA, because I've always worked only as developer and not
as DBA.
Thanks!

Thread
How to become a DBA on MySQLalba\.albetti13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLRob Wultsch13 Jul
    • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLJohn Daisley13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLCamilo Uribe13 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLClaudio Nanni13 Jul
    • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz13 Jul
      • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLKeith Clark13 Jul
        • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLJohn Daisley13 Jul
        • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz13 Jul
          • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLNilnandan Joshi15 Jul
          • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLMartin Gainty18 Jul
            • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLRob Wultsch18 Jul
              • RE: How to become a DBA on MySQLJerry Schwartz19 Jul
  • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLMySQL)13 Jul
    • Re: How to become a DBA on MySQLPrabhat Kumar13 Jul